I've been looking through my blog and I've noticed that there isn't an about me post. You all know about our beautiful boy Jack James so I'm going to let you know a little about me and the rest of us. :)
My name is Jacqueline but almost everyone calls me Jax. I honestly don't mind being called Jacqueline but I HATE being called Jackie. So Jacqueline or Jax, I don't mind either. I'm 25 years old (1/4 of a century eeek!) and I live in Lancashire.
I work full time (obviously not at the mo) at Costa Coffee, I am an all singing, all dancing Barista Maestro (posh name for coffee maker ;)).
I have an absolutely fantastic husband-to-be called James, he is 25 also. We are getting married Easter Sunday 2014 (not long-eeek!). James doesn't do social media so you won't find him pottering about (he knows about my blog so I think he takes sneaky peeks :)). I cannot wait to be his wife! We will have been together 4 years when we get married.
In the relatively short time we have been together, we have done something 'big' every year. It was never our plan to do so-it has just worked out that way (apart from Jack-he was planned :)). James proposed to me on my birthday, 6th August 2011, it was the most amazing day ever.
That same year we bought a puppy, around 12th September. We always said we wanted a dog but I have severe atopic eczema and allergies and if I'm so much as 100 yards near fur my eyes swell up and I scratch and sneeze, the works. So after much research we discovered poodles are hypo-allergenic and do not moult, we couldn't afford a poodle but we came across a lovely breed called Jackapoo. A Jackapoo is a cross between a Jack Russell and you guessed it, a poodle. They were a much cheaper option and we weren't too worried about him being cross with a JR as I had had a JR/Yorkshire Terrier cross when I was small and I didn't suffer too badly. Its mainly cats and rabbits that give me grief! So on a rainy day in September we brought home our Jackapoo Max. Luckily I had no reactions to him and he is absolutely gorgeous-he is more than a pet, he is one of the family. I could go on forever about Max!
The year after, 2012 James and I went on a big holiday. The year before we had been to Turkey but it wasn't really the holiday for us. In May 2012 we went on a holiday of a lifetime- we went to Orlando-Florida. It was absolutely fantastic! We went to Disney World and Universal. and I again I could go on forever on how amazing it was!
That same year, 2012 James and I took a giant leap onto the property ladder! We bought our beautiful home. We had previously lived in a rented house and it was the house of horrors-the landlord didn't do anything for us. We had the wonderful opportunity of buying our house we are in now and I am so glad we took that leap.
In 2012 James and I decided to get a wriggle on with planning the wedding, we hadn't really thought of what year it was going to be we just knew we wanted it on or around the 19th of April (our anniversary so to speak). It was my mum who told me that that date was Easter weekend in 2014. To cut a long story short-that is when we are getting married (the 19th was booked but the day after-Easter Sunday sounded even better!).
One thing James and I always talked about was having a baby. We ummed and arred about trying after the wedding but we realised it didn't make a difference wether we tried before or after. Money was always going to be tight and we really wanted to have a baby sooner rather than later. We didn't know if we could have children or not so 'let's have fun trying' was our attitude! In August 2012 I came off the pill and fell pregnant December 2012.
Here we are in 2013 with our beautiful baby boy-Jack James. Our family is complete (for now ;)). I can't wait for us all to be Smiths and to marry the man I love so much.
I may not have the best job, I may not be able to drive (2014's challenge), we may not have 'a pot to piss in' as the saying goes but I know that so many people would love to have what we have. So for that I am thankful and I thank my lucky stars every day at how lucky I am :).
Jax xx

No comments:
Post a Comment