Pages

Friday, 1 November 2013

Week 10-Jack's 1st Halloween

  Yesterday Jack was 10 weeks old and it was also his first Halloween. He is now in double figures age wise! I've never been one for Halloween, I've been on a night out a few times over the years but its never been something I've actively celebrated. I was the first one on our street to shut the curtains and pretend I wasn't home! This year was different! I'm a mummy now and I found myself getting excited! Although it was just one night and Jack hadn't a clue what was going on, the chance to dress him up made me all giddy! 

  We bought him a pumpkin outfit from Sainsburys, lets face it, there isn't many Halloween costumes for babies. I searched all the shops to find the best one-I didn't care that he was only going to wear it once. I wanted to create a memory! So we bought Jack his pumpkin costume and then my friend Claire came to see us and she had bought him a Halloween outfit also! On the day Jack wore his mummy babygro from Asda that Claire had bought-it was a bit more practical for the day and then in the evening he wore his pumpkin outfit. His nanna also bought him a Happy Halloween bib too! I didn't want to leave our dog, Max out-after all he was the baby once and I popped the bib round him for a few photos. He wasn't impressed-neither was Jack to be honest!



  James and I bought our first pumpkin a few days before and James carved it out-I was very impressed. We popped it in the window, with an L.E.D light (we figured candles would be slightly dangerous) and awaited the trick or treaters. We only bought 2 bags of sweets because last year we didn't get any trick or treaters. Well this year was different! We guessed that our pumpkin in the window was a kind of "trick or treaters are welcome" sign. As it were we ran out of sweets-they were coming to us thick and fast, witches, cats, clowns, you name it. I sent James out for more sweets! He said the reason we were running out and why the trick or treaters were coming thick and fast was because my portions were too big-he's such a grumpy old man! This was my first Halloween so I weren't sure how much to hand out! Oh well, the kids were happy! Next year I'm going to make little bags up so I can portion control and keep the grumpy old man happy! Every time someone knocked on the door I took our little pumpkin (the baby not the actual pumpkin haha) to the door to show him off and we got lots of lovely comments! It was a bit difficult holding Jack and handing sweets out-I haven't grasped this multi-tasking lark that everyone speaks about.

  Halloween night there was another first for us as a family. Every night we all go to bed at the same time-about 10pm. Last night we put Jack in his moses basket and came downstairs. We spoke about it and we agreed that we needed to have some time together-some Jax and James time. It was so difficult leaving him by himself but eventually our little boy will have to go in his own room. We have a monitor that enables us to see Jack which is brilliant. When we all go bed together Jack just settles quite easily. As soon as we left he started crying and fussing-we agreed that we would give it a maximum of half an hour or if he was really upset that we would go up. It was so difficult-he lasted a good 20 minutes of crying and fussing and he eventually drifted off. He wasn't screaming or crying hardly-you know as a mum the cries your baby does and Jack just wanted attention. We knew he was tired because when he was downstairs he was drifting off. So perseverance paid off. This week he has been sleeping a good solid 8 hours. From 10pm till 6am. This has been since the clocks went back. I must admit its been fantastic but I'm not getting too excited because I know babies like to keep you on your toes!

  Jack is doing brilliantly, he is becoming a lot more interested in his play gym-he likes to look at the dangling toys, he likes to look around, he likes to stare outside. He is discovering all aspects of his body, he pokes his tongue out a lot and swirls it around his mouth. He is learning to grab things-his rattle toys, my hair, his blanket-he's not holding just yet-he just grabs. He is forever kicking his arms and legs-learning what they do. He is gurgling more-we have had the odd giggle but giggles aren't frequent just yet. Jack is slowly outgrowing his 0-3 months clothes, I've been putting him in some 3-6 months now. Our boy is growing!

 Quite a long post this week! Cya next week for week 11!

Jax xx

No comments:

Post a Comment