Pages

Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Victory Stripes

  Stretchmarks. Some people get them and some people don't. I was one of those that got them, I like to call them victory stripes. Victory stripes can be a taboo subject amongst mums and I don't know why, I embrace my victory stripes. Infact I'm going to share mine with you. I wouldn't say you are lucky to have not got them because I don't see it as bad luck if you do get them. I was never slim before pregnancy and only had a few stretchmarks and then I got pregnant and these stretchmarks turned into wonderful victory stripes. I never once used anything on them, one reason being I have eczema and didn't want to risk a flare up for the sake of vanity. I didn't want to try and hide my victory stripes, each new one reminded me that our boy was growing well inside me-I was doing a good job baking a baby. I am so proud that I have these victory stripes to show. I don't see them and think I look ugly-I see them and think "my tummy held our baby boy safe for 9 months and I have the wonderful marks to show for it". A friend sent me this image and it sums victory stripes up in one single paragraph.

 Note: This is not me, my pictures are further down. This is an image sent to me to represent my post.
So here's the proof that I baked a baby, our beautiful son Jack. His home for 9 months. This is me 10 weeks after giving birth, victory stripes and all.





No comments:

Post a Comment