Regarding presents, James and I ummed and arred about wether to buy Jack anything for Christmas. Yes it sounds really Scrooge like but he doesn't understand and he is getting so much from relatives (believe me I've seen the wrapped presents). We would probably be buying the same thing as relatives! Over the last couple of months we have bought Jack bits but I don't see the point of wrapping presents only for us to unwrap them so he has just had them straight away. I know, I know you are probably shaking your head at my bah humbug attitude. Instead we are going to put money into Jack's account, money for whatever he wishes.
Money is extra tight this year with me being on maternity pay and saving for our upcoming wedding so its not only Jack who isn't receiving presents. We have made something for relatives this Christmas but I can't share that with you yet!
We haven't totally disregarded Christmas despite Jack not understanding, we have bought the most beautiful 1st Christmas decoration to put on our tree. We sing Christmas songs to him and include him in the Christmas spirit. It will be really special just spending quality time together as a family. I think that is important above anything.
Jack has lots of outfits/clothes items over the Christmas period. We bought him a little elf outfit awhile back. We also bought him the sleepsuit he is wearing and the Santa Ho Ho sleepsuit. Since then, someone else has kindly bought him an elf outfit and even though we already have one we didn't want to come across as ungrateful. So he has 2 elf outfits! Here are some pictures of Jack's Christmas themed items all kindly bought for him (apart from one of the elf outfits and the first sleepsuits.).










No comments:
Post a Comment