Pages

Friday, 3 January 2014

A few words..

  Back then I begun to do a weekly update on Jack's development-realistically I should have done month updates. It has been a long time since I've done a Jack update. He grows and changes so fast-his life is whizzing by me so quickly.

  The past 5 months have been a tough 5 months to say the least. Adjusting to being at home every single day and not seeing or talking to anybody has been a tough adjustment. That on top of learning on how to be a mum.

  I love Jack so so much but it took awhile for us to bond. The first month was a blur of BF issues, sleepless nights. The second month was coping on my own month. The third month, I started to develop a routine and Jack and I got to know each other better. It was only around the fourth month where I've felt like I've coped a bit better. Jack is almost 5 months old now but everyday brings new challenges and unsure decisions.

  I knew what I was letting myself in for but I would say I was naive in thinking that it would be easier than I thought. Jack is an excellent baby compared to most babies and James is an amazing father and partner. What I'm trying to say is, I've got it quite good compared to some people so I think the reason I've struggled is down to being at home every single day.

  I'm going back to work soon and I plan to do part time and I feel like this change will make me a better person to be around. I'm just not cut out to be a stay at home mum but I know that doesn't make me a bad mum. I know I'm a good mum, a worried, stressed mum, but a good mum all the same.

  I'm hoping this year I stress less! I just need to calm down a bit! I don't understand why I'm like this-I was like this before Jack was born, I've just got worse! Here is to a chilled 2014, I hope!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment