So James and I decided we were coming off the pill at the end of August 2012, we didn't want to say out loud that we were 'trying for a baby' because you never know! We decided that there never is a 'right time' to have a baby and we were madly in love, had our own house, getting married April 2014 so why the bloody hell not!
We weren't expecting anything to happen overnight, partly because I had been on the pill for about 8 years and never had a break and well, you just never know with these things! So September, October, November all came with the 'time of the month' and even though we knew it wouldn't happen straight away, if ever, it's safe to say we were disappointed.
Christmas soon arrived upon us and I was due my 'time of the month' at the end of that week. We had a Chinese takeaway Christmas Eve and a couple of drinks and that same night I had terrible indigestion-I put it down to the Chinese! On Christmas Day I felt horrendous! Not so much sick, more tummy pains and cramps-a sure sign my period was on its way. Anyway I didn't stay at the in-laws for pudding I felt that rough, which is not like me!
Christmas Day that year was on a Tuesday so on the Sunday the 30th James suggested we do a test, there was still plenty of time for my period to come but we were having a NYE party and I didn't want to drink if I was pregnant!
To cut a long story short, 3 positive pregnancy tests later (the first was a very clear positive but we wanted to make sure!) we discovered we were going to be parents! We were crying, laughing, hugging and couldn't stop saying "Oh my god we are going to be parents!"
And this is how it all began!

No comments:
Post a Comment