Being a sufferer of eczema and noticing that Jack has developed some slight baby eczema, I am always on the hunt for products that are suitable for our sensitive skin.
We were kindly chosen to review some lovely products from miamoo. The founder Saira Khan spent many years on the hunt for products suitable for her dry, sensitive skin. Every product she tried, claimed to care for her dry, sensitive skin. Upon discovering that this wasn't the case, miamoo was born. miamoo isn't just suitable for people with dry, sensitive skin, Saira says it is suitable for all skin types and ages.
The product that we were asked to review was a fabulous travel set. It retails at a reasonable £15 and included is mini versions of their products and a super soft flannel. Ideal for taking on holiday with you or a mum to be's hospital bag!
1. Wash
2. Moisturise
3. Massage
2. Moisturise
3. Massage
Armed with step 1's products, splashy wash and fresh locks shampoo, Jack and I headed for the bath. spritz and wipe is included in step 1 and 2 but for bathtime, I decided splashy wash and fresh locks shampoo would do the job.
Upon opening splashy wash and fresh locks shampoo I was met with a burst of delicious fragrance! splashy wash 'brimming with lemon oil & aloe vera' was soft and bubbly. You didn't need too much, a couple of pea sized amounts was more than enough to lather Jack in. It spread, cleaned and rinsed really well leaving a lovely scent of lemon.
After taking my freshly washed baba out of the bath I was pleasantly surprised at how soft his skin was before doing the next 2 steps. Jack smelt absolutely scrumptious! I will also add that I had tried splashy wash on myself whilst washing Jack and I followed the next 2 steps too.
Having a very active 5 month old, I found it quite difficult to follow the next 2 steps. Jack wouldn't keep still and by step 3 he was having a right old tant! Me personally, I would have loved to be pampered and massaged but Jack was having none of it.
I did manage to apply the products to some areas. Step 2 was the wonderfully named huggy lotion 'crammed with sweet almond oil & marshmallow extract'. How yummy does that sound! It went on very easily and evenly, on myself and Jack. It sunk in quite quickly and our skin felt very soft afterward.
My eczema is quite bad at the moment so I used the products on just one area, my wrist. Upon applying the products they burnt slightly and I was a bit itchy after applying the huggy lotion. After applying for 3 days I didn't notice much difference. I do think my skin would benefit from these products if my eczema wasn't as flared up as it is right now. My skin remained soft from applying the products.
Step 2 also included a funky named 'cheeky cream'. A thick cream ideal for weather beaten hands and cheeks and baby's bums. I used it on Jack's neck where it had become rashy from lots of dribbling. Just like the huggy lotion, it sunk in really well and on day 2 I noticed Jack's rash had cleared up quite well.
Lastly step 3 was baba oil 'infused with lavender & sweet almond oil'. As said, by this point Jack weren't having any of it, I managed to get this on parts of his legs and a bit on his back.
spritz and wipe 'overflowing with lime water & minerals' is a fantastic little bottle with many uses. It can be used to detangle hair, a quick pick me up for your face, a cleanser, a toner and for a quick clean during nappy change. It felt very refreshing and I used it on my hands after changing Jack.
After doing the 3 steps, Jack smelt absolutely gorgeous from head to toe. His golden hair was so soft and so was his skin. He didn't feel greasy or dry just completely soft.
After doing the 3 steps myself I didn't notice a huge difference. I was slightly irritated but again I think this is because my eczema is open (open sores). I've used prescription creams for over 5 years so these new products were probably a shock to my skin.
I love the designs and names on the products, very appealing and our travel set came perfectly packaged. I would recommend miamoo products and I will try the 3 step routine once my skin isn't as flared up.
My favourite thing about the products was the smell. They smelt gorgeous!
Overall I would recommend miamoo to people, especially with dry skin. They are fabulous, quirky products and the travel set is perfect for sampling before you go ahead and buy the big bottles.
miamoo are kindly offering my readers 10% off their range using the code Blog13
Website: http://www.miamoo.co.uk/
Follow miamoo on Twitter! @miamooskincare

Jack is absolutely adorable! What a cutie! We reviewed miamoo too, loved the Huggy Lotion xo
ReplyDeleteAww thanks Fiona! :)) Yeah it is lovely, not so good for my skin at the mo though :( xx
ReplyDelete