I've seen the mummy tag on Shaz's
and Polly's blog. I haven't been nominated but I love the idea and thought I'd join in! It's basically a tag to find out more about us as mamas. :)
1. Are you a stay at home mum or a working mum?
At the moment I'm a stay at home mama. I'm currently on maternity leave from my job at Costa Coffee.
2. Would you have it any other way?
I love watching our boy develop and change every day and developing our bond together and spending time with him but I would love a few hours a day being someone other than mama.
3. Do you co-sleep?
No and yes. Jack sleeps in his cot in his own room at night time and when daddy goes to work or nap time he sleeps in bed with me.
4. What is your one must-have item for your baby?
At the age he is now I would say his jumperoo! Money well spent! He loves it and can spend upto an hour bouncing around in it which gives me chance to eat, do housework etc.
5. How many kids do you plan on having?
I don't know what the future holds but James and I have discussed another one when Jack is about 5 years old. We've said a girl would be lovely as we would have one of each but then another boy would be awesome because Jack and his little brother would have such a great time together being boys.
6. Date night? How many nights per month?
I'd say James and I have been on about 2 or 3 date nights since Jack was born. To be honest we don't have the money as we are saving for our upcoming wedding. :)
7. Your child's favourite show?
In the last couple of weeks Jack and I have developed a routine where he wakes up and we go downstairs and I put on Milkshake Channel 5 on. His absolute favourite show has got to be Bananas in Pyjamas! "They're coming down the stairs!"
8. Name one thing you bought before you had your baby and never ended up using?
A baby bouncer! I thought all babies loved these! Not our Jack. He's probably been in it about 5 times and yeah he batted the dangly things for a minute or so but he got bored quickly of it!
9. Your child's favourite food?
We have recently started weaning and Jack's all time favourite food so far is Aptamil banana baby porridge (he has a thing for anything banana related..).
10. How many cars does your family have?
Just the one, I haven't passed my driving test yet but even when I do I imagine we will still have the one as cars are so expensive to have/run.
11. Weight gain before pregnancy, during, after and now?
I haven't got a clue and don't intend to find out! I was weighed at my first midwife appointment but I wasn't told (and I didn't look) and haven't been on the scales since!
12. Dream holiday with your kids?
Before Jack, James and I went to Disneyworld Florida and as amazing as it was, it would be more magical with a little one in tow! It truly is fantastic!
13. Dream holiday without your kids?
I'd be quite happy going somewhere quiet and hot, spending lazy days reading a book drinking ice cold cocktails. As for James he's a 'doer' and my idea of a dream holiday is his idea of hell, haha! He wants to be out there doing stuff so Las Vegas, Florida, New York, places like that. I'd love these places too!
14. How has your life changed since your baby has been born?
It's changed dramatically! Completely upside down but your whole perspective changes when you become a parent. You want to be a better person and that little person you created makes life so much better. Harder but better.
15. Finish the sentence: 'It makes my heart melt to see...'
The bond between Jack and James. It breaks my heart when children don't have both parents in their life for whatever reason. When Jack sees his daddy it's like he's a lightbulb and he's been switched on. His whole face lights up and watching them together is definitely a heart melter.
16. Where do you shop for your kids?
Our favourites are Asda, Tesco, and Matalan. I don't feel it necessary to spend a fortune on Jack's clothes. The main reason is he's not in it for long and the quality of clothes from the supermarket are just as good as some expensive shops. They last and wash well and look great!
17. Favourite make up and skincare products?
As said on this post I can't use products on my skin. I can use mascara and a bit of eyeliner but to be honest I never wear make up. Only on nights out which are extremely rare! I'm an au natural chick, ha!
18. Huggies or Pampers?
Do they still sell Huggies nappies? We use Huggies wipes and Pampers nappies.
19. Have you always wanted kids?
Yes I've always wanted to be a mama, I just never realised how hard it would be.
20. Best part about being a mum?
Seeing his smiling face everyday and knowing that James and I made him. We made a human! A gorgeous one to! My biggest and greatest achievement is baking a baby and helping him to grow and develop into the wonderful boy he is.
Thanks for reading!
I tag all mama's to do this!
What age did you put Jack in the jumperoo? I need to start thinking about the next stage of toys for Baby London...!
ReplyDeletexx
Replied to you on Twitter lovely :) xx
Delete