Pages

Friday, 21 February 2014

Jack's Nursery

  I've been sat here wondering what posts I could do and I thought, why not show everyone Jack's room? At the moment he is in the smallest room (the box room as some may call it) and when he gets bigger he will be promoted to the bigger room down the hall. For now, this is where he sleeps and has his bum changed.


This door hanger was bought for Jack by my sister's mum (same dad different mum).


Jack's room is at the front of the house. James doesn't agree with my artificial flowers in the window (for a boys room!). The curtains were bought from Ikea from Grandad and Grandma Smith. We invested in a blackout blind which is also thermal. Keeps the light out and the heat in.


I first seen a Jack coke bottle on Lou's blog. I loved the idea and decided to go on the hunt for one for Jack's room. The money box was bought for Jack from a lovely friend at work. There are my artificial flowers! The pen is not supposed to be there, ha! I want to put all Jack's bits on a shelf but I've been asking James forever!




I took this pic from the door. It isn't a big room but it is not needed for much right now.


My sister bought this for Jack when he was born, its beautiful. It has little wooden animals inside and Jack could play with it when he is a little older.



These blue set of drawers are amazing! They were bought for us from Grandad and Grandma Smith from Ikea. They came blue and when they bought it, we didn't know wether we was having a boy or a girl. James said we could paint it if we was having a girl but we didn't have to in the end!
The top is perfect for a changing mat with enough room for wipes (excuse the dirty nappy, this was done all so very quick with a cheeky nappy change halfway through!).
In the drawers, I put Jack's clothes in size order, top newborn/0-3, middle 3-6, bottom 6-9. Now Jack is slowly leaving his 3-6 clothes behind, I've begun to pack his early clothes away and changed what is in drawers accordingly.
The best thing about the drawers, is the 3 shelves. Perfect for nappies, wipes, lotions and potions, whatever really!


On the top shelf are all these Johnsons products! People bought Jack lots of Johnsons bath products but to be honest we have never used any of these. I was always wary of using products on Jack's skin as I can't and won't use them on me (because of my eczema) so I was worried about the effect they would have on Jack's skin. They are there for show really! 
We pop his nappies on this shelf so they are easy to grab during nappy changes.


This looks so untidy! As said above, I'm still waiting for James to put Jack's shelf up (I would probably lose a finger if I attempted it) so his books are here. Jack gets read to every night and this is a small selection of his books. We have so many blankets and shawls and there is no room for them so I've put some at the back here until further notice ha!


This is the bottom shelf. Meet all the products we haven't used again! Yes there are 3 bottles of talc there, never used!


At the side of Jack's drawers we have these little baskets. The top basket has socks, hats and bibs in them, the second has nappies in and the bottom one has bits and bats in.


The Gro-Egg is fantastic. I think every parent owns one for their little one. Not only does it show the temperature of the room it is also a lovely little night light. James has an obsession with penguins so he chose the penguin cover (I wanted the owl one!).





The lower half of Jack's room is painted yellow with a border and the top half is blue. We didn't have a particular theme in mind but we thought of the blue as the sky. The cloud lampshade is from Ikea and was chosen by James. The light is also a dimmer light which is perfect for night time.
We really liked the canvas pictures and thought they would look good on Jack's wall.



These cupboards were given to us by a friend and I love them. I love the insect handles and the mirror in the middle. On the top and bottom you can add a photo inside the panel which I think is a fab touch. We put all Jack's towels, blankets and extra nappies in here (please excuse my pyjamas!).


A heap of teddies bought or given to Jack on top of his cupboards.


The mobile was bought and brought from America from Grandad and Grandma Smith.
I read up on the traditional cot bumpers and read a million horror stories, it didn't matter that I had one and I'm alright, the stories put me off. So we bought this mesh, breathable cot liner. Jack loves the animals and has regular chats with them :)
Ewan is a firm favourite and Jack has lots of chats with him too! :)
After many nights of Jack waking up cold because he kept kicking his blankets off we bought this sleeping bag and it is one of my must haves. He can't kick it off and there is no risk of him pulling it over his face.

So there we have it, Jack's room! I hope you enjoyed the tour!














5 comments:

  1. Johnsons products are brilliant on Alfie's skin! I like his cot mobile, Alfie didn't have a mobile. Lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em :) x Are they? They make me itchy lol Aww thanks :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah lovely room! I love the curtains! we have bottles upon bottles of talc too! will take years to shift! Thanks for linking my blog chick! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! A beautiful baby room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies :))

    Haha we don't use them, I'm thinking of taking them to a charity shop or something. You're welcome, I did steal your idea, only fair I link back ha! :)) xxxx

    ReplyDelete