Jack has been on porridge, banana porridge and baby rice for a couple of weeks now. When we first tried him with it he wasn't ready and then he was really poorly with a cold. Once that dreaded cold was over, a few weeks had passed so we tried him again and he loved it!
I didn't and still don't understand this weaning lark. We received a weaning guide from various companies which has helped loads and we had a visitor off a weaning nurse. She was really informative but when you tell me something it usually goes in one ear and out the other. If I have a guide, I can always refer back to it!
Jack is now having 2 meals a day. When I say meals I mean a heaped tablespoon of porridge mid morning and then either baby rice or porridge late afternoon, same measurement.
This week we introduced Jack to vegetables. We went for sweet potato and carrots to start off with. I was told not to introduce too many things at once, as, if he has a reaction it will be difficult to narrow down what he has reacted to. We steamed, blended and put it into pots that we've put into the freezer as we made quite a lot!
At first he was a bit unsure, as if to say "this is not my porridge or rice!". But as he got a taste of it he begun to enjoy it. We only gave him a couple of spoonfuls to begin with. I tried Jack with pureed carrots yesterday and he wasn't a massive fan but all in good time, I'm not rushing him. He hasn't quite reached the recommended 6 month mark yet. We decided to introduce new tastes as he loves his porridge (especially banana) and rice.
Jack has also tried a shop bought pouch. It was bananas and baby rice as at home he has had both of these (banana porridge and baby rice). He didn't do well with this, it was very rich and we think it upset his tummy. We was daft enough to think that because he has Aptamil banana porridge and baby rice, he would be fine with a shop bought pouch containing a similar thing. I guess it's all a learning process!
Tonight we are having sausage mash and gravy so James and I are going to include Jack and let him try some mash. We will see how that goes!
What has your weaning journey been like? I'd love to read your story!
No comments:
Post a Comment