Pages

Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Cloth Nappy-Baba + Boo Cloth Nappy Review


  Hello my lovelies, don't run a mile when I mention cloth nappies as I almost did when Baba + Boo asked me to review their cloth nappies. The thought of cloth nappies sounded messy and hard work and I was a bit reluctant at first. But there was nothing to worry about, it was almost the same as using a disposable nappy but instead of the nappy going in the bin, it went in the wash.
  
The nappy has various poppers on it so that, with the right care, the nappy can last till your little one is potty trained. You just adjust the poppers as your baby grows.


  Eve at Baba+Boo emailed me on where to begin with the cloth nappy, she included a video that explained how to put the nappy on. I had a few questions during the review-just to make sure I got it right and Eve was there with her help and guidance throughout. A little instruction booklet also comes with the nappy. The video runs through how to put the nappy on and even though the poppers looked daunting it was very easy to put on Jack. So with the helpful guide and video, its hard to go wrong.

  The cloth nappies are not the boring old ones with a safety pin that you may think of, they come in a range of fab and funky designs and Baba + Boo even have matching t-shirts so your baby looks the business whilst doing the business! Jack and I received a very cool frog cloth nappy and it comes with 2 inserts. 
 


  So after watching the video a few times and after asking many questions Jack and I were ready for cloth nappy time! Eve recommends doing it at home for the first time, just until you get the hang of it. I popped 1 insert in-there is a little pocket at the back of the nappy and you just push the insert in and popped the nappy on Jack, it was very easy to put on. It feels very soft compared to how disposable nappies feel.  Jack didn't seem to notice any difference and I must say he looked so cute with it on.

  Jack had the nappy on for about 3 hours and when it come to changing him I was surprised to find that the nappy itself was mostly dry and the insert was wet. So I just popped a fresh insert in and left the nappy on. On the next change we had a leak but the nappy was sopping, as was the insert so I wasn't surprised. After that I just put a disposable nappy on Jack and popped the cloth nappy in the wash.

  Eve says that full time cloth nappy users have about 15-20 cloth nappies. The price of the cloth nappy is £9.25 and she says that you could save approximately £1000 by the time your baby is potty trained! That is quite a lot of money!

  Our cloth nappy experience wasn't as daunting as I thought it would be, it went very well. Jack didn't do a number 2 during the review so I can't fully tell you how good it may or may not be when concerning that bit! I don't think I will be moving onto cloth nappies full time but I will use the cloth nappy at home. Maybe in the future I might gradually work upto full time cloth nappies but at the moment we are happy doing a mix. I would suggest to any mum to give cloth nappies a go, it really isn't that scary!




Note: I was sent a Baba + Boo cloth nappy for free of charge for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own and I would recommend their cloth nappy to anyone wanting to try cloth nappies.


No comments:

Post a Comment