Pages

Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Week 7

  Jack will have been in this world 7 weeks on Thursday. I can't believe that next week he will be 2 months young! Where does the time go? You try and capture every moment and enjoy every little thing but it feels as if their life is flashing past you! It feels like it was only yesterday that we brought our brand new baby boy home. He is changing from a baby to a little boy. Slow down time I want to enjoy him like this for longer!

  Since last week Jack has started to give us those first smiles. I'm convinced he was smiling from day 3 but these smiles reach his eyes and he beams! I try to capture these moments but I can never seem to get them! He either is wriggling or he starts to cry because mummy is coming at him again with the camera! James has said I'm like the paparazzi cos I'm forever taking photos of him-the camera memory card is now full! I feel like photos are treasured memories and you can look back at them when your tiny baby is not so much a tiny baby! I truly can't get enough of taking pictures of my handsome young man.

  So apart from these big open smiles Jack is treating us to, he is so so alert! He follows things with his eyes now and he looks for James and I. He likes to have a look around at everything and he enjoys interaction-well only for a short while, he gets a bit crabby but that might be down to mummy's singing!

  Jack is getting even stronger with his limbs, he is forever throwing his arms and legs around. He can almost push himself over when lying on his front and he pushes himself across whatever he is lying on with his legs. He is a strong mover! We are starting to get coos and gurgles off Jack which is so cute.

  Jack really enjoys lying on his front, he hates lying on his back. At night we don't let him sleep on his front but in the day we do because he enjoys it so much. It also encourages him to move his legs and hold his head up which is also getting stronger. Does anyone have any tummy time toys they would recommend?

  Jack slept through again (1st time was at Blackpool) last night from 11pm-6am which was fantastic but we don't really want him going to bed that late so in the next couple of weeks we are going to try and get back into a bath, bottle and bed routine.

 So here goes another week with our ever changing boy. We are so proud of our handsome little man. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment