Pages

Monday, 7 October 2013

Jack's First Night Out

  At the weekend we took a trip to Blackpool, this was Jack's first night out. James and I were with him so it was more his first night that we weren't at home rather than his first night without us (which I couldn't imagine right now!) It was also Max's (our dog) first night in a hotel, a trial run for when we get married in April '14. The in-laws had booked it for the 6 of us (including James's sister and her boyfriend) long before Jack was born. It was a night to get away and go and see the lights. I was a bit apprehensive but I had no need to be!

  Before we went I had to go for a flu jab-I never got one when I was pregnant but it went ok, I'm just suffering from a slight achy arm!

  I don't know why but I packed as if we were going for a week, not one night and I packed as if we were going to a desert island, not a place with shops that we could go to if needed! But as a first time mummy I just wanted to make sure! I'm sure some of you mummy readers can relate!

 We got to Blackpool for about 2pm-the plan was to go and see some family in Blackpool and then to go and walk down the front to see the pretty lights. After checking in and getting the bags in the room James and I took a wonder to the bar-I really fancied a glass of wine! It was a small, relaxed, family bar which was amazing because Jack was with us (I don't think he would have noticed where we took him!) It was really nice for us both to have a nice, relaxing drink and some adult conversation.

  We went to see family and to show Jack off around 430pm and we ended staying there till about 830pm, we really wanted to go and see the lights so we left everyone there and set off. As it were we were so exhausted and it was so busy, we ended up going back to the hotel and watched X Factor in bed all snuggled up with a cup of tea! How Saturday nights have changed! I wouldn't change it for the world and it was so lovely. We also ate in bed-naughty! We were starving so the in-laws delivered (!) us a cheese burger, sausage chips and gravy and some yummy doughnuts!! It was amazing!

  The morning after we couldn't quite believe it but Jack had slept from 11pm till 545am! no middle of the night feed! We still don't know why-maybe a change of scenery?? Max on the other hand barked his head off most of the night because of the hotel noises-you can't have everything I suppose!

  After a very yummy breakfast (it had to be a fry up!) we all went for a shopping day at Freeport. It was a lovely day, James and I bought ourselves winter coats and we went to a Costa for a brew! I work at Costa Coffee so I managed to get us a cheeky 25% discount with my card and it was so nice to be on the other side! I had a yummy Hot Chocolate Orange with a Tiffin! Yum!

  So after 2 very long but very lovely days we got home about 4pm on Sunday and crashed! Its safe to say that the 4 of us had a fabulous weekend!!

 











No comments:

Post a Comment